By offering a significant support, the call for proposal "Recruiting emerging leaders in Oncology" wishes to allow the implantation in France of new scientific leaders that will establish their team under the best conditions and carry out ambitious translational research.
To heighten France's competitiveness and extend its international renown in the field of cancerology, it is essential that the skills already present in the country be strengthened and enriched through programmes that welcome top-tier researchers and help them establish in France. The call for proposal "Recruiting emerging leaders in Oncology" will allow to bring a high-level researcher from abroad to set-up a research team in a French structure, and implement an ambitious translational research project in 2019.
Projects must be in line with the ARC Foundation's scientific strategy for accelerating discoveries, developing new treatments, preventive and therapeutic approaches in the field of oncology with a translational part.
"Recruiting emerging leaders in oncology” is aimed at French research structures located within France, composed of internationally renowned teams offering the critical mass necessary to this programme’s ambition and who wish to develop a translational research programme in the field of oncology in the best possible way.
It is expected that the host structures make substantial commitments to guarantee the team and research project the best hosting conditions, including:
• Allotting at least 50 m2 of immediately-operational work space;
• Allotting sufficient human resources given the project's needs;
• Allotting material resources (running costs and small equipment);
• Facilitating access to the site's shared services and technological platforms;
• Providing support for complementary funding requests;
• Providing a substantial sum to be used at the discretion of the appointed group leader
"Recruiting emerging leaders in oncology" call is aimed at top-tier researchers recognized for their scientific career and world-class quality, able to form their own team and conduct their research project independently.
• Candidates must have defended their Doctoral thesis (PhD) for more than 10 years and up to 20 years at the time of their arrival in France.
• The candidates chosen by the research structure must hold a position abroad as of the opening of the call.
• The candidates must be free to move to France if possible by the end of 2019.
• The candidates should have well-defined career objectives and are encouraged to participate in the open recruitment competitions for higher education and research bodies in France.
• The candidates are expected to make a significant investment in the success of the project: they must do their utmost and devote the vast majority of their research time to this project during the support period.
Opening of the call: October 9th 2018
Deadline for applications: March 14th 2019
Applicant auditions: Mid-May 2019
Notification of the results: June 2019